What is Private Duty Home Care?
• “Private Duty” means private pay. In other words, no government monies are used for the cost of care. The most common methods for covering the cost of private duty home care are through long-term care insurance benefits, out of pocket, or other types of savings arrangements.
Are the caregivers bonded & insured?
• Yes. Each of our caregivers is an employee of Royal Assistant Care. We perform a Federal, State and County criminal history background and Drug Screening on each caregiver, and cover each of them with professional liability, worker’s compensation, and bond insurance.
Will I have a choice of who comes to my home?
• Yes. We take the guesswork out of the process and handle all the legwork of matching the right caregiver(s) with each client. Our commitment is to introduce every new caregiver that comes to your home. However, we will never send a caregiver whom you are not completely satisfied with and we will accommodate any request for a change that you may have. Furthermore, we encourage every client and authorized representative of the client to be as involved as possible in this decision-making process. If a change needs to be made, we’ll handle all the coordination and make the necessary phone calls.
Will the same caregiver come each day/shift?
• Our goal is to establish a long-term match between client and caregiver, and continuity of care for a client as long as the client is satisfied. This is based upon our experience that developing a strong rapport and trust with your caregiver is a vital component to a successful home care experience. Of course, you have the choice of which days and hours you receive care. So, if you choose to receive many hours of service in a given day, or service during different times of the day throughout the week, it may be necessary to schedule more than one caregiver in a given week. Regardless, we want to have the same caregiver(s) coming each week, as long as you are happy with them. All such decisions will be made with the consent of the client.
Are home care services covered by insurance?
• Many long-term care insurance policies will reimburse for these kinds of services. Royal Assistant Care will process the paperwork for you and provide an Assignment of Benefits agreement to your Long Term Care Insurance Company. Additionally, funds from Veteran’s Benefits, Reverse Mortgages, Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts are often used to pay for home care. We will help you and your family through every step in determining what a policy will actually cover, and will provide the documentation your insurance company requests.
If I change my mind, do I have to keep the service?
• No. You will never be locked into a long-term contract, and we will never require you to continue with services if you choose not to continue.
What is the cost for these services?
• Royal Assistant Care will customize a unique plan of care for each of our clients, based on needs, and suitable to your budget. To discuss the exact rates for the services you desire, contact us today. We will provide you with a complimentary in-home consultation, and discuss the rate structure and available options for care.
Why should I choose home care over a nursing home?
• There are many reasons, but here are three:
◦ Home care services are delivered one-on-one, assuring more private attention than a nursing home or a facility. There is no “waiting for one’s turn” when care is needed.
◦ Home care may be less expensive than costs for a nursing home. A good rule is that 8 hours a day or less of home care will be less expensive than moving elsewhere.
◦ Home care promotes healing. Research demonstrates that patients heal more quickly and comfortably at home versus in a hospital or nursing home setting and there is significantly less chance of re-hospitalization when recuperation is at home.
What’s the next step?
• To start with our in-home care services, we arrange a time to visit with the family, responsible party, and/or client to fully discuss the care situation. At that time, we decide, with you or the family, the most appropriate care services that are needed, and match you with the right caregiver. Usually, care can begin the very same day if needed.
What if I need changes to my services?
• We are very flexible with our service and understand the care situation can quickly change. We can oftentimes adjust schedules with short notice.
FOR SERVICES: CONTACT US TODAY – To get answers to your specific questions please feel free to call us at (843) 474-3061- Charleston, SC Area or (314) 882-1090 - St. Louis, Missouri Area